· 1 package cream cheese, softened
· 2 cups pumpkin
· 1 cup sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 egg and 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
· 1/2 cup half-and-half
· 1/2 cup Jackson Morgan Southern Cream, Brown Sugar & Cinnamon
· 1/2 stick butter, melted
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· One pre-made pie crust (or make your own)
· Whipped Cream (Optional_
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Press the pie dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Pinch or crimp the edges together. Then put the pie into the freezer for one hour to firm. Place a piece of aluminum foil inside of the shell to cover it.
3. Add pie weights to the pie crust and put in the oven. Next, bake for 10 minutes. Then, remove the foil and weights and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is dried out and darkens in color.
4. Next, prepare the pumpkin filling. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese then add the canned pumpkin. In a separate bowl mix the eggs with the yolks, half-and-half, Jackson Morgan, and melted butter, set aside. Add in the sugar and salt then add the egg mixture until well mixed. Finally, add the vanilla and cinnamon mix until incorporated.
5. Add the filling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is firm. Test with a toothpick. Allow the pie to cool.
6. Garnish with whipped cream when serving.
*Recipe adapted from Paula Dean